FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lowest Delta Fare Class does not earn MQMs? Yes It Does, Says Delta Air Lines
Old May 19, 2011, 11:55 am
avidflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
With all the speculation that these fares do not earn MQMs or miles, I found it interesting that today DL posted a message internally about the new E fares. In that memo it is stated that:

-E fares will earn mileage
-E fares are eligible for MQM accrual
-E fares are eligible for complimentary Medallion upgrades (on domestic part of international itinerary)

So, it looks like all this speculation about earning no miles or MQMs is off-base. It appears they were just so new that nobody really knew much about them and finally DL has loaded them into the system and are not coding them as an award class of service
Sorry but several emails from DELTA AIRLINES stating in black an white that E FARES WILL NOT EARN MQMs is far from "Speculation".

You may want to turn your sights on understanding why a company as big and with as many resources as DL can continue to screw up EVERYTHING they roll out...and this one was a freaking easy as it gets: Update the website and train your employees.

Speculation? You got to be kidding me.