FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old May 18, 2011, 3:05 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by carolynn
Hi everyone,
we have just been booked onto the following flights by our cruiseline and after reading bits of this thread I am a little nervous about our connecting flight - I'm worried we won't know where we are going, and that the time we have is too limited.

We are flying from Manchester LH949 (operated by BMI) into Frankfurt with an expected arrival time of 09.55.

Our next flight LH232 into Rome leaves at 10.45 which only leaves us with 50 minutes.

Is this enough time or should I see about changing the booking?

What about our checked through luggage - again is this enough time to make it to our next flight. As we are cruising, its not as if we can pick the luggage up the next day if there is a problem.

Thanks in advance
Your flight from MAN will usually park at a remote apron position and you will be bused to international arrivals B. You'll have to go up to passport control, through security and walk to your departure gate almost certainly through the tunnel.

This is a legal connection and should you miss your connecting flight LH will put you on the next available flight. By what time do you have to be in Rome? Depending on the latest time you must be in Rome, I might try and book an alternative fight. Sometimes FRA sends a bus to take connecting passengers directly to their flight and I have certainly seen this happen to flights from MAN (and the flight wasn't even late), but there's no guarantee this will happen.