FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2011, 1:17 am
Red Roo
Company Representative - Qantas Airways

Programs: Qantas Airways
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Can someone, (read Red Roo) please tell me exactly what benefits have current plats received with this new upgraded version of QF FF?
The increase in Cabin bonus benefits Platinum Members more significantly than other tiers, by virtue of the cabins typically flown. Platinum Frequent Flyers have a distinctly higher incidence in premium cabins, compared to other tiers.

In our last round of changes, we added a reward option of 50,000 points at 2400 Status credits, which has been extremely popular, in fact more popular than any of the other options available at 2400 Status credits.

Just to reiterate the point, Platinum remains a oneworld Emerald tier with access to the Qantas International First Lounge and Domestic Business Lounge. This has been a concern raised on AFF, so we just wanted to make this clear. Platinum One will involve the introduction of new benefits in addition to what Platinum Frequent Flyers have today.

I can't say too much at this point in time, but we are paying extra attention to Platinum Frequent Flyers for the upgrade process.

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
I also note Red Roo has convienetly declined to respond to luggage delivery woes for premium pax.
There has been work taking place behind the scenes on improving delivery of benefits, such as baggage delivery.