FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting spending up without the Mint
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2011, 9:43 pm
blase

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by jmsfla2002
This works at Nordstorm's if you return a gift and don't have a receipt. They will ask you how you want to receive the refund including an immediate refund to your bank account with your debit card.
I was going to say this too, but I return things that I buy on my CC (whichever one I am trying to meet a spend requirement on!) and then ask for cash back. The cust service counter at Nordie's typically has no problem giving cash back, even for large amounts. Although I don't do it intentionally. I much prefer trying things on in the comfort of my own home, so I regularly use Nordie's website to buy clothes and then if things don't work out, I return them and get the cash back.

Last summer I had bought a $1500 necklace for my mom for her (big) birthday and then later on I saw something I liked better from a different store... returned the $1500 necklace to Nordie's and asked for cash. The kicker was I had bought that necklace using BA's shopping portal when they were having a double miles promotion at Nordstroms netting me 24 miles per dollar - so that purchase gave me 36000 miles, which was never deducted from my account.