FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Merriweather Lakehouse, Autograph Collection, Columbia, MD [Master Thread]
Old May 16, 2011, 4:08 pm
jb3t

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
5/16/2011...

As I write this, I am sitting in the Club Lounge chuckling at the comment made by a previous poster in relation to the club lounge attendant. The same guy is here. He's a character... singing the disco song "I'm Coming Out" under his breath. He is carrying a decent tune and seems to keep the place in ship shape.

For food in the club lounge are chicken tenders, cheese sticks, and burger sliders. Also, cereal bars, cheeses, veggies, cookies, etc. I would not call the club lounge huge and luxurious but rather cozy and comfy.

As for other notes.

1. Checkin was flawless, recognized, and got points.

2. Put on 9th floor in a normal room. There does not seems to be suites here. Just a few larger corner rooms. However, the room is fine. Nice, clean, well appointed, and comfy.

3. Lobby looks good, comfy, have a bar and a restaurant. Cant comment on either as I always eat out when staying at hotels.

4. Area looks good. Parking was good. I plan to take a long walk tonight and seems like a nice area to do it.

5. Breakfast was good in Club Lounge. Fruit, a hot item, oat meal, the usual.

6. I took a long walk and was pleasantly surprised with the area. There's a cool walking trail around the lake. There's also quite a few restaurants on the water right next to the hotel. It's a little board walk. There's a big mall across the street with lots of outdoor cafes near by.

7. The Tower part of the hotel is pretty small. Maybe 15 rooms a floor. But there is this big annex part of the hotel that seems to go on for 1/4 mile. Looks like an older section but the gym and pool are in there and they look fine.

Overall... I will stay here again. Great location. Good service. Rooms are not huge but the hotel is in good shape.

Last edited by jb3t; May 17, 2011 at 5:12 pm