FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Food, bowls of nuts, pretzels, crisps in airports and hotel lounges
Old May 16, 2011, 8:19 am
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
A local chain near me offers free wings on Mondays, in the bar area, during their happy hour. Last week, Mr. Kipper and I were there, and the bar had no available seats. I was ready to get up and fetch a wing or two when a couple entered the bar. They walked in from outside, and intended to sit at the bar, because, as the woman said, "They have free food at the bar today."

They stood between the walking area in the bar that led to the wing buffet and the wing buffet, looking for seats. Unable to find seats, they decided to leave. Before they left though, the woman walked up to the buffet, reached into the buffet pan with her bare hands, and picked up a wing. As they were walking out of the bar area, to the door, she was nibbling on the wing.

That was wrong on so many levels!

She used her bare hands. Ewww! This is why they have tongs sitting there.

They walked into the bar, opted not to stay, but decided to help themselves to the "free bar food," anyway. Last time I checked, the free wings were limited to bar patrons, and were to encourage people to spend money at the bar, not random people walking in off the street who aren't going to spend any money at the bar.