FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Food, bowls of nuts, pretzels, crisps in airports and hotel lounges
Old May 16, 2011, 1:35 am
uk1
Suspended

Food, bowls of nuts, pretzels, crisps in airports and hotel lounges

Am I the only one that is enraged by those selfish people who when they pass the bowl of nuts, pretzels, and crisps (chips) in bowls ignore the spoon and small bowls for them to disgorge a small portion for themselves, but instead insist on dipping their filthy fingers into the bowls and transfer a nut or handful of nuts directly from bowl to mouth - and often back again for seconds. The best are those that rummage around the nut or chinese cracker bowl with their index finger looking for their favourite nut or cracker. Or even better when they walk straight from their visit to the toilet for another nut rummage. I'm totally unable to enjoy those nuts myself whenever I visit a lounge. I wish they'd always use individual packs. Why do they always think that the spoon and small bowls is for everyone else other than themselves?

And then there's the food.

Don't they do the same with the food? They pick up a piece of food examine it closely ... sometimes sniff it ... and then put it back. Or when they bring kids who think that using their hands to play with the buffet whose behaviour the parents simply ignore. Or they use their hands to transfer cornflakes from big bowl to personal bowl. Or when adults rummage through the rolls ... always happens on planes when the FA has a bread/roll basket. Or the cheese biscuits ...... or the ice bucket ....

Am I just quirky or does it bother other people as well?