FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points Ventura, CA 2006 on [Master Thread]
Old May 15, 2011, 11:56 pm
dollaroff

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Club Presidents Circle
First: Please, please, please: no ft should ever use their free resort night here.

Had a recent stay: haven't been here in 2 years (they used to block weekends to be 2 night minimum stays).
Rate wasn't great. Booked a 2 queen garden-facing room.

First new change: parking is $10/night. There seems to be street parking behind the property, but you'd need a walk around the hotel.
Arrived really late at night. Asked for a king room: front desk said it was sold out for the evening (which it was). I was too tired to push for anything different.
No suite upgrade (but there are only a couple on the property, and I don't even know if they're in the upgrade pool: I've never gotten one).
Was offered a "coupon" for the restaurant: I was expecting free breakfast. Nope: the coupon was for 2:1 drink, 50% off of an entree, and something else fairly worthless.
Did receive the "goodie bag" which is an apple, another water, a granola bar and some small candies. Oh, and a flyer for the new "Spa".

No resort fee (yet...)

No change to the outdoor walkway to the garden rooms: the carpet is still old, a bit moldy and needs to be replaced. They did seem to refurbish the outdoor part of the other part of the property.

The rooms have been completely re-gutted and brought up to 4P standards. They were nice and clean.
They did replace the wall a/c, and it was less noisy than before (I had the heat on).

I could not connect my Mac laptop to the wireless or wired internet (it would not connect to the registration page): I tried a couple of times, and gave up. (I've had this problem at the LAX Gateway too, and a couple of other times at other properties: no idea what the problem is)
It did seem like the Internet was working. I instead used my Clear hotspot (3g).

I was out the door the next morning by 830a: did not ask for late checkout (sorry).

Front desk agent asked, "how my stay was?" I replied, "just ok". "Just ok?" "Yes." Nothing else from her.
And that's the same feeling I got from the property a couple of years ago: this property just doesn't care. They have enough paying customers (there was a wedding the next day onsite) so they really can just be indifferent.

I wonder what the 4P brand standards are for a resort...would be interesting to see.