FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kettle Invasion
Thread: Kettle Invasion
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2011, 1:00 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by HongKonger
I've never had a kid kick my seat, but I was once on a trans-Pacific flight with a loud kid across the aisle from me (not a baby who can't help it, a kid old enough to know better) and while everyone else was trying to sleep this kid was just playing very loudly. I first asked the kid directly, then later the father, then finally an FA to get him under control. Step 3 worked.
A week ago thursday when I flew DEN/LAX on Southwest, I had a family of kettles going to Disney sitting behind me. I had the worst IROPS situation imaginable with WN on the first leg of the trip and ended up getting less than 3 hours sleep in DEN and I just wanted to sleep for the entrie 2 hours of that flight and was impossible with the kettles sitting behind me. Was only a 2 hour flight and the kid kept getting up. Pa took the middle seat and MA conveniently took the window seat and Kelly took the aisle seat and I heard pa tell kelly several times ma was trying to sleep. Nice he was concerned about Ma getting rest but not the other people on the plane (2 hour flight and she got up at least 3 times).

While not kicking the seat, kelly kept putting her feet on the seat pushing in to me. I put the seat back up and GENTLY reclined it hoping she would get the hint. A couple minutes later she did it again so I repeated the procedure except not being gentle when I reclined the seat that time. She was still doing it and I just took my elbow and rammed it into the seat back where her feet were pushing and she FINALLY got the hint. Still wasn't able to sleep with the racket her and pa were causing but at least I didn't have anything pushing into my seat anymore.