FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wrongly spelled name on ticket OK? [merged name issues]
Old May 14, 2011, 9:42 am
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by Soph
OMG, I'm really getting nervous here... We're due to fly out on Wednesday and I have this weird feeling they're gonna make a scene about it.

What is the worst case scenario? Can they deny my mum to board, even if we offer to buy a new full fare ticket?
How shall I handle this? Are there any documents that might help our cause, like her marriage licsence (from 34 years ago)?
Easy, calm down. They'll let you fly, and even should you catch an agent having their worst day in life (Killed their dog when driving off from home, husband called he'll leave her, son got arrested for stealing in supermarket, daughter pregnant with 16yrs) she/he will let you take the flight. In the absolutely worst case, yes, having a CC ready and be able to buy the Full Fare which you will get back with Customer relationship. (But this will not be needed in 99.999% of cases)

I'm having a middle name myself, which it either fully in the ticket, as X., or not at all, and it never ever causes any problems, with the exception that they might ask me if it's a second first-name, or whatever addition when not travelling in countries used to this. But never ever someone even asked me about it in the regards of "you can't fly because of it unless you clarify".