FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sorting "My threads" correctly
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2011, 3:51 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by HikerT
Unless there is a way to retroactively subscribe to all threads I've posted in, that workaround isn't going to help (not to mention it may not sort properly either). It should be an easy fix to sort search results correctly if the folks behind the scenes know how to fix what is likely a bug in this inistall of vBulletin.

Edit: this thread isn't bubbling up either. Here's is a screen print demonstrating the issue.

http://imageshack.us/m/39/6493/notsortingbylastpost.gif

As you can see it is not sorting by last post (and this thread is sorting too low to be captured in the screen print).
I don't know if it's a bug--I think it's sorting not by last post in the thread but by your last post. That's what that search is designed to do--show you your own posts.

You're right that it won't help you with the 83 threads you've already posted in...but now's the time to make the change when you only have 83 threads you need to subscribe to! Changing later when you have thousands is going to be a pain.

And yes, MyFlyerTalk does sort threads properly. At least try MyFlyerTalk out and see if it works for you. Seriously, it's the only way a user who is active at all around here can keep up.

I wish "Subscribe" with "No Email Notification" were the default. That would make things like this so much easier.