Old May 12, 2011, 12:45 am
Z-man
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
My rankings.
  1. The Luxury Collection
  2. St. Regis
  3. Le Meridien/Westin (pretty much a tie)
  4. Sheraton
  5. Four Points
  6. W
I've never stayed at an Element or Aloft (and never expect to), so I can't rank them.

You'll see I moved LC up since the last poll because of some very good experiences to counter the bad one.
I would agree with this list. I know Starwood wants the W's to rank higher (based on the price they charge), they are not the hotel for me. They are dark, you can barely see the person beside you in an elevator or hotel lobby, they have way too much stuff on the desks in the room and they go overboard with the wish stuff. Although I kind of think it's cute when they call me for my wake-up and say "Sorry for waking you Mr. Z-Man but it's a beautiful day in Seattle", I kind of wish it was one of those calls where there is no one on the other end.
If I had my choice, it would be Sheratons all the time due to their consistency with lounges, quality staff and overall nice feeling, but I can't rank them ahead of SR or LC properties because those are way better, but at my price point, Sheraton is the best for me.