FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SeaTac airport question Alaska & Iceland Air
Old May 11, 2011, 10:14 pm
kayexalate

SeaTac airport question Alaska & Iceland Air

Hi Folks:

I'll be transiting through Seatac airport on my way to Sweden.

I'm flying from California on Alaska Air to SeaTac, and have a 5 hour layover there before taking an Iceland Air flight via Iceland and then finally to Sweden.

It's a reward ticket issued through Alaska Airlines, so the whole itinerary was issued by AS.

My questions are:

1. If I only have carry-ons, when I arrive from my domestic flight into SeaTac, can I go straight to the gate at Iceland air without having to go through security again? (I know some airports make you go through security again if going from int'l to domestic and vice versa)

2. I'm not sure if I have to re-check-in again (Iceland Air does allow online check-in, but I read somewhere, that online check-in is not available for flights originating from North America).

3. I'm hoping to not have to go to the Iceland air counter because then I'd have to go in/out security again & also I heard Iceland Air only allows 13lbs for carry ons (and I'm sure mine will be more than that, even though my bag will fit no problem overhead). If I have a boarding pass in hand from web checkin, then I can just go straight to the gate with my bag and likely won't be checked on the weight.

4. I have some Alaska Board Room passes that I never get to use. Is the board room very far from the South Satellite (where Iceland Air departs)?

Thanks.

Last edited by kayexalate; May 12, 2011 at 11:50 am