FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Bath Amenities
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2011, 7:38 pm
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by dwcatty
I haven't seen a shoe shine cloth in years.
Hilton SF financial district always have shoe shine cloth, and they had those for years. And more recently, they even come with show horns. The downside for that property is they never have bodywash not even in exec. level. They have something non related to hilton bath amenities, instead a weird tiny tube of body wash from their tru spa.

Originally Posted by mswtravels
With regards to offering the full "suite" of products, are you comparing full service Hiltons to select service brands like HGI or HI? One of the ways select service hotels keep costs down is by only offering the basics - like shampoo, conditioner, hand moisturizer, and bar soap. Full service hotels are certainly cost conscious, but more likely, in my experience, to offer the entire suite of products.
No, full service Hiltons in US are just like their select service brand HGI and HI only gives shampoo, conditioner, lotion, mouthwash, and bar soap. Not unless you are in exec.floor you don't even have body wash ! And some hiltons exec. floor don't even offer that ! On the other hand, I had stayed at some HI actually have bodywash whereas most Hilton don't !

Basically if it is any hotel outside of N.America, even a much lower brand holiday inn would offer the above mentioned basics plus body wash, toothbrush/paste, vanity kit, sewing kit, cotton tips, cotton balls, etc. Those are standard offering in all rooms.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; May 10, 2011 at 7:53 pm