FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Bath Amenities
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2011, 9:44 am
MS02113

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dwcatty
I haven't seen a shoe shine cloth in years.
I regularly stay at a Hampton Inn (of all brands) in Ohio that offers them. As I recall (though it's been while), HGIs typically offer Neutrogena-branded shoe shine cloths. Why, then, are they such a rare sight at purportedly full-service Hiltons? International properties generally always offer them.

Originally Posted by mswtravels
With regards to offering the full "suite" of products, are you comparing full service Hiltons to select service brands like HGI or HI? One of the ways select service hotels keep costs down is by only offering the basics - like shampoo, conditioner, hand moisturizer, and bar soap. Full service hotels are certainly cost conscious, but more likely, in my experience, to offer the entire suite of products.
No, I'm comparing different properties within the same brand. Obviously the full-service brands should offer more than their "focused" service counterparts, but that's not always the case.

While some full-service Hiltons offer the complete collection of Crabtree & Evelyn products, most properties (in the U.S.) offer just the basics. If corporate can dictate that Hilton-branded properties offer C&E products, why not also compel them to offer a consistent (and complete) range of products?