FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Bath Amenities
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2011, 6:23 am
mswtravels

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by MS02113
Until recently, both Hilton Garden Inn and Doubletree offered Neutrogena bath products. Now that Doubletree has switched to Crabtree and Evelyn products, I guess corporate decided that Hilton Hotels & Resorts needed to differentiate itself with a new line of toiletries.

It would be nice if U.S. properties consistently offered the full range of products for their respective brands. Where one Hilton property supplies soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, mouthwash, moisturizer, shoe shine cloth, and a vanity kit, for example, another property of the same brand might offer just soap, shampoo, conditioner, and moisturizer.

I find that international properties typically offer the full suite of products, a practice that helps maintain a consistent brand image.
With regards to offering the full "suite" of products, are you comparing full service Hiltons to select service brands like HGI or HI? One of the ways select service hotels keep costs down is by only offering the basics - like shampoo, conditioner, hand moisturizer, and bar soap. Full service hotels are certainly cost conscious, but more likely, in my experience, to offer the entire suite of products.