FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official Peanut Gallery Thread
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2011, 4:28 pm
spineangel

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by FlyerX
This interests me. I'm curious why a customer service rep would tell a customer something that isn't true, simply to appease him/her. Isn't this dangerous, to have us be told something that's not actually in practice? It would be especially risky in the arena of FT, where most fliers are extremely frequent fliers - not someone who flies a couple of times a year during the holidays when everything goes to hell anyway.

I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire - I'm genuinely curious why in-flight employees (whose daily tasks include face to face customer relations while on the clock) would not have the support of the company's public relations if what they're putting into practice is protocol. I don't understand all this stuff about overhead bins and whatnot, but on a large scale, this could be a very big deal.

As far as SW CS telling a caller whatever they want to hear, in my experience that's not been true. Unfortunately for me, I've been told other than what I thought was correct on a few occasions.
Great point! What I think we have all learned here is Dontcallmeshirley and EEmeraldskies follow their own set of rules. I wonder if Gary Kelly would appreciate all their good will they are spreading to one of the most read forum's by the business traveler.