FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA and Partner Airline Award info, rules (NOT for oneworld Explorer Awards)
Old May 8, 2011, 12:51 pm
brahms77

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I have booked an award BRU-LHR-ORD in J and F and for the date I want, BRU-LHR is not available at a time that would allow a direct onward connection. (nor is it available from any nearby city) Checking on BA for availability tells me the same story the AAgents tell me.
However for economy, BA shows availability but the AAgent says there is none. So far I had had a perfect record of BA and AA availability matching up. But this is the first time I ask for economy. Is there a similar issue with BA economy as there is with QF first, where the agents look for the incorrect bucket availability?
Oddly, this is also the case for me. I just got off the phone with an EXP agent (very cut and dry) and said no availability for CX flights (in business) that I saw on BA partner award site. Just few days ago, everything was matched perfectly, but looks like there is either a temporary system communication problem OR AA is starting to do something similar to *NET blocking!