FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official Peanut Gallery Thread
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2011, 12:12 pm
FlyerX

Originally Posted by sctn8gp
seems to me wn is burning through it's reputation and on some kind of mission to p i s s everyone off nowadays. customer unfriendly changes are becoming a regular thing. i already get a sense of "missing the good ole days".
Perspective?

I emailed SWA CS a couple of weeks ago about a Rapid Rewards question. I usually call them, but decided to send an email this time because it was non-urgent. I didn't realize you are required to submit your full address and phone number as well as an email address. I really don't like this, because I'm the sort of person who called them to ask them to stop sending me birthday cards a few years ago . But I filled it out anyway.

That night, I received multiple phone calls in the span of an hour from an 800 number. I have an Eastern time zone area code, and by that time zone, it was between 11:30 PM and 12:30AM. Fortunately, I was in California at the time and having a late dinner with a friend, but after hitting "ignore" at the restaurant 4 times, I finally took the call. I asked the CS agent to please send me an email because 1) I'm with someone, 2) I'm having dinner, 3) I'm in a restaurant and it's noisy and I'd have to weave through a crowded area to get outside and 4) I only answered this call because I thought it might be some kind of emergency but since it's not, I really can't talk right now, but he didn't want to do that... and launched a long winded answer to the question I had submitted over email.

While this kind of earnestness is appreciated (I guess), I don't understand why the multiple calls late at night. It's stalker ex behavior and I thought the whole thing was very very WEIRD.