FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA and Partner Airline Award info, rules (NOT for oneworld Explorer Awards)
Old May 7, 2011, 12:45 pm
beerup

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by sbrova
I'm planning a trip in Oct from LAX-ORD-LHR, currently booked with coach award, but hoping bus class will open up as the trip gets closer. I'm wondering what to do if the bus seats only open up for the TATL leg...would I have to rebook as coach LAX-ORD and bus from ORD-LHR?

One more question, are there any stats or anecdotal reports as to which AA hubs generally have more bus/1st award availability to LHR?

Thanks all!
If business class award (U) opens up on the transatlantic segment with no first (Z) availability on the domestic segment, you can change to a business/first award and accept a voluntary downgrade on the domestic segment. If Z subsequently opens up on the domestic segment, you can call to claim the "upgrade" without the need for reticketing. If you are still in coach on the day of flight, you can ask to upgrade at the airport - you should be high on the PALL list as you have a "paid first" ticket.