FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official Peanut Gallery Thread
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2011, 9:30 am
spineangel

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by DontCallMeShirley
But I do remember in your previous posts that you weren't happy with ANY bags up there in the "PRIME" OHB space, so I suppose the CS dept still didn't give you what you wanted.
No... They stated these OHB's were for their CUSTOMERS use. Where would you suggest the bulkhead customers, usually your higher paying "business select" customers stow their luggage? That is why SW HQ's stated to me that your rules are: only bag containing your in-flight manual should be in the forward OHB's, for immediate access, and that your personal luggage should be stowed at the back of the aircraft, as you are not allowed to de-plane until all of your paying customers have de-planed. They stated that when you stow your personal bag in these forward OHB's, it takes up space they would prefer be saved for customers. The only reason you put your personal luggage there, is laziness. Is walking ALL the way to the back of the plane to fetch your luggage, really that far?
All of your competitive airlines FA's do exactly what your rules state you should be doing.