FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official Peanut Gallery Thread
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2011, 11:55 pm
Hayden

Programs: AA Plat 2MM+, HHonors, Amtrak GuestRewards
Is this thread even about Southwest? Seems like it's really about getting together in an aluminum tube with 100+ possible mouthbreathers, and perhaps those occasions when we see someone headed down the aisle and say to ourselves "please, not this seat."

Most of us have been on That Flight with the person who will not stop talking, even when we pretend sudden loss of consciousness/possible medical emergency/scary antisocial tendencies, or the group that seems to have taken a wrong turn on the way to the restroom from their thrilling drunken frat party, and hey, now we can all enjoy! What is Natty Light, anyway? How did that crowd make it past the GA?

Not being a morning person, I sympathize with people annoyed by perky jokes at 6 am. And as someone who gets some of my best work done late at night, I sometimes wish for some of that humor when the cabin crew is instead cranking up the heat and people are sleeping, or on those afternoon return flights from Vegas when much of the cabin is groaning with hangovers. "Hey, where's the singing," I think. "And can we raise those window shades? It's so dark!"

I'll be off the plane soon enough, and free of my fellow passengers and crew, not counting any airborne communicable diseases I've picked up, a sort of parting gift. I won't have to wonder why the FA served me hot tea in a leaky styrofoam cup (conveniently, yet tragically without comment placed in a non-thermal plastic cup certain unsuspecting passengers may have assumed was for the tea bag). The burns will soon be better, and if I want jokes, I can turn to late-night TV.