FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A First Experience in *A First - LH/TG/LX F to Asia
Old May 6, 2011, 7:37 pm
Pingtung

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flyingfox
Thanks for the teriffic report.

I think it's mean of Lufthansa to NOT set out the "new" mattress for the F seat on the A-340 and A-330.

I mean, they do it for the exact same seat on the 747 now, right? So they acknowledge that it is needed for THAT SEAT. They put it in the "extra" seat since they are now blocking it for the single passenger to have two seats (and I know the "true beds" are not up and running yet), I realise this, but why not actually give their other F passengers the improved comfort as well? Is it an issue with storage for the mattresses on the Airbus?
I suspect the cabin limitations are the reason. If they were to add the mattress seat they would have to go with something like a 1-1-1 instead of the 1-2-1 layout they have now. A simple solution is to just use a proper duvet.

Originally Posted by Genius1
Very nice trip report - well written and good pictures. I particularly liked the sunset picture over SIN.

I must admit I do not find the nuts placed around the MUC LH F lounge very hygienic.

I note that both of your LH Business Class shorthaul segments had the main course meals spilt over the crockery - were they handed to you like that?! If they were, that's really not good enough! Must say I wasn't particularly impressed with my one and only experience of LH J from FRA-LHR a couple of years ago.
I can understand the viewpoint that the nuts can be a harbinger of bacteria if people continue to put their hand in it, but hey, you only live once

They were wrapped with tin foil, but yes they were like that when I unwrapped the hot dish.

Originally Posted by brahms77
Very cool report!

I am going to be doing LH F for the first time in October with my wife and we are excited about visiting LH FTL in FRA and the LH F service.

Looking forward to your next installments.

By the way, when transiting in FRA, were you given FTL access as LX F customer?
I wasn't quite transitioning in FRA as I did layover for the evening there, but yes I was given access - anyone with a same day F pass on LH or LX will have access (I did get funny looks at the FCL in ZRH though).

No installment tomorrow - but will resume on Sunday.