FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "More Fairmont, More Miles": bonus miles for staying at x different Fairmont hotels
Old May 5, 2011, 7:59 am
Jasper2009
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by choptliva
Jasper, like AM I saw that benefit listed too. In fact, I am about to start my summer swing and was banking on it! I don't have a screenshot though (never figured out how to do it! I admit, techno dinosaur that I am). They just eliminated a benefit without telling anyone? Wow.
Thanks for confirming!

Yes, Iīve exchanged several e-mails with the FPC Plat desk and basically Íīm told I must have dreamt up this benefit...

The first Plat concierge was very polite, but had never heard of that benefit. The second concierge told me that benefit was discontinued several years ago and sent me the link the current FPC site.

I wouldnīt be overly suprised if they hadnīt intended to include the "More Fairmont, More Miles" benefit in the comparison chart and it was just an IT glitch/sloppy intern copying an old chart, but just pretending it was never there isnīt overly impressive in my books.

I was indeed counting on getting those 6k miles for an upcoming reward which would cost me >$200 if I bought them directly.

Maybe you (and other FTers who saw the benefit listed) should drop them an e-mail asking what happened to the benefit...