FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...
Old May 5, 2011, 7:47 am
CDG1

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Exclamation

I need to have a toll free phone number for the Premier Execs equivalent desk line at Continental.

The least I can say is that I am not happy with my experience flying with them. This is why.

Had an awful transatlantic last week no premium section, economy section full of ugly grumpy stewardesses, unpleasant like hell, never seen it like this. Plus a diversion to Boston - EWR was closed - stayed on the ground for a good while, more grumpiness from the stewardesses, refueling and finally off to EWR after a long while on the ground, flying low and slow and doing the round and round before landing at EWR.

I had missed my connecting flight to Orlando but so did everybody miss their connecting flights. I am here for the Space Shuttle. I got rebooked got on the plane and landed in Orlando past 11.00 PM got to airport hotel about midnight with 6.00 AM pickup for KSC and Shuttle launch (scrubbed).

With the Shuttle launch being scrubbed and the uncertainty as to the next launch (always the case) I had to change my return flight to Europe - second time around - original launch date was 19 April. Had booked these flights long in advance. Fare was not cheap at all. I wanted United flights. System always pushed me to Continental filghts.

This is where the question comes. I was charged 100 Euros - second time with second dates change - which is a true ripoff considering Elite status and all the trouble I had on the way over.

I may need another date change - third time - because Shuttle launch news still not firmed.

Is there a way I can get the 100 Euros rip off date change fee waived this time around???

Who should I call for this? What number (toll free would be better)?
How shall I proceed? What would you recommend?

I suppose if I call the United desk they will not be able to take care of this as I have got a Continental reservation.

Your suggestions and comments will be most appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance.

Been United Elite since 1990, Millions of miles with several programs, Concorde passenger. Now I feel I am treated by Continental as Passenger Lambda as if I had never set foot on an airplane and a total newbie.

Grumpy Stewardess on diverted FRA-EWR flight: Have you ever been on a flight before???
Not only she was aggressive but also insulting.

ps: I hate this merger!!!!