FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't check in online (OLCI) for int'l., mixed carrier etc. itinerary (merged)
Old May 4, 2011, 9:14 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I learned thorough numerous phone calls that if you purchase your ticket through some third party providers ( in my case American Express) then the way their computers interact with AAs will create a situation that will not allow on line check in. In my case here is what I understand happened: Amex enters my first and middle name in their system, they enter my Advantage number, issue my ticket and send the information to AA. AA's system then puts my first and middle name in the first name field, pulls my middle name from my AA secure flight information data and the system shows my name as first name, middle name, middle name, last name. I spoke to a handful of agents at the exec plat desk and web services and they all said that the name on my ticket is correct, my secure flight info is correct but my middle name is doubled up on Aa.com. The end result is no OLCI. I emailed customer relations and they reviewed my ticket and told me the name is correct and will not be a problem except internally with AA. American Express must issue a lot of AA tickets and you would think that the two of them would have worked this out by now.