FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Take Your Kid to Work Day at the TSA checkpoint
Old May 3, 2011, 6:23 pm
N965VJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by Flaflyer
Since TSA wants to become the Homeland Police Force, why not a TSO Volunteer Auxiliary Screeners Service? We know the training to become a TSO is minimal, so cost will be very minimal. These kids with blue gloves prove how simple the job is.
Don't forget to buy your gear and ID badges!

Identify yourself NOW with this Counter Terrorism Homefront Security Gear!!!

Now, you are the last line of defense against those who would seek to destroy our way of life. Every freedom fighter is called upon to volunteer their eyes and ears to defeat these enemies. Counter Terrorism Homefront Security is a non-governmental volunteer civilian force that lawfully seeks to identify and report potential acts of terrorism. It conveys no authority given or implied. If you can see them, they can see you.

You are the “U” in USA, identify yourself!

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
This is what happened after the guy brought his son to work in the ATC tower.
I was in the court that thought that incident, while in poor judgment in this era of live internet ATC feeds, was not that big of a deal. When I was little kid, a controller let me change the intensity of the runway lights on a tower visit one time. Never got to talk on the radio from the tower, but I did when in a GA aircraft plenty of times.

I guess my whole point here in starting this thread is that in spite of all the chest-thumping by the TSA, the checkpoint is not the Front Line of the War On Terror™ they like to pretend it is.