FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: (Almost) Everything you wanted to know about the LUS / AA Shuttle
Old May 3, 2011, 1:54 pm
drewguy

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by dcpatti

I heard they have weird ideas on deplaning, too.

In some cases, they will deplane Shuttle flights from both the front aircraft door via jetway and the rear aircraft door via stairs. This isn't done at every gate and isn't done in bad weather but sometimes you do get a chance to sit in the back and still get off the plane first.
Additional notes:

-USAir does not deplane from the rear in BOS.
-in DCA, you will walk back up a set of outside stairs into the main terminal where you rejoin the passengers deplaning from the front of the plane. It therefore provides less of an advantage to deplane in the rear in DCA.
- For the Delta Shuttle in LGA, deplaning from the rear will take you directly to the baggage claim/taxi level of the terminal.

Where are my gates?

If you're departing Boston, you'll be at B16-B19.
Generally always(?) BOS-DCA is B18/19 and BOS-LGA is B16/17

There is a separate Shuttle baggage claim and check-in desk at LGA and separate kiosks at DCA. Separate Shuttle check-in desk at DCA is located downstairs near Security. There is supposed to be a separate security lane for Shuttle at DCA but it's almost never open. Passengers can also check in at regular US Airways kiosks and counters. If someone could help me out with these details for BOS, that would be fantastic-- I know what the website says but want to hear from someone who's been there recently!
At DCA the mid-level kiosk (where the Metro/parking exits/entrance is) may not be used for Shuttle check in for USAir.

Originally Posted by cactus47
At BOS there is a separate check-in counter (with kiosks) just for the shuttle flights. There's also a separate security line for the shuttle gates, although as you mention those gates also serve some other mainline flights.
One can use either security line, however, in Terminal B--they connect along the side of the terminal overlooking the runways. There are some nice Adirondack-style chairs there as well, if you're delayed.

Originally Posted by Often1

The Shuttle is exactly what it is called, a Shuttle. 35 mins wheels up to wheels down from DCA to LGA.
Aye, the kicker. "Wheels up to wheels down." Nonetheless, the flight is scheduled for approximately 70-80 minutes, because 50% of the time you'll take off roughly on time and arrive 30 minutes early, and the other 50% of the time you'll be in a ground hold of some sort and won't leave much before the scheduled arrival time.

Last edited by drewguy; May 3, 2011 at 2:14 pm Reason: to combine posts