FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends
Old May 3, 2011, 9:10 am
USirritated

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by bumburuck
My intention was to ask if there is Exec lounge at Marriott Bucharest, sorry for confusion.

Potentially, it might be worthwhile to add SkiAdcock's suggestion to the first page, as I found it very helpful:
"If people aren't sure if a property has a lounge or not, I've found the best way to check is click on the property on the Marriott site, explore our hotel, click on guest rooms & if there's an exec level room showing, then click on it to see the details & it will usually tell you if it's open or not. If you don't see an exec level room, odds are there is no lounge."

Just one question in connection to the Bucharest hotel:
1. Explore our hotel (is clear)
2. In This Section-> Guest Rooms (is clear and I can see if exec lounge is there).
3. Where should I click in order to see details (open hours etc.)? I mean in Bucharest there are several lounges. Are all of those Executive Lounges?
None of the "lounges" listed for the JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel are the concierge lounge for elites, which is listed there are the public lounges/bars/restaurants. Also, I am not sure whether a listing for a room called "Grand Executive Guest Room" necessarily equates with an Executive Floor or Concierge Floor Lounge. However, I would be very surprised if any major city JW (JW resorts not included) did not have a Concierge or Executive Lounge. Some hotels MIGHT call some of their rooms "Executive King," or similar, without being on an Executive floor, and even being in hotels without Executive or Concierge Lounges at all (such as "resorts," which have no lounges). The best way to find out whether there is a Concierge or Executive Lounge, for sure, is to call Marriott reservations and ask them about the specific hotels you are interested in. They will be able to tell you whether there is a lounge or not, and will contact the hotel for any information which is not at their fingertips.