FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011
Old May 2, 2011, 4:27 pm
Microwave
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by planejmpr
How long does it typically take after the flight for the points to show in the system?
Generally within a day or two of the flight, although it seems flights have been posting sooner than that for me (but YMMV). You should see your new status in the system at the same time the points that put you over the challenge post.

In your experience, would it be worth the trouble to be persistent about getting the initial GLD status match, or should I just wait for the inevitable PLT
When Mrs. Microwave signed up for the PLT challenge earlier this year, she offered to send copies of her AS MVPG card & statement, and politely asked about getting GLD during the challenge. She was extended GLD without having been asked for evidence (she actually is MVPG FWIW). For the ability to book exit rows, use the elite access line, waitlist for domestic upgrades, check free bags and start earning stickers right away, I would say getting GLD is very important. If I were you, I'd try at least one more time.