FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011
Old May 2, 2011, 2:37 pm
planejmpr

Programs: AY Silver, Marriott Silver, AA, SPG, SKEB
My first post to FT, so hello all, and thanks for a great resource.

OK...
I just started the PLT challenge on May 1st, so I'm looking forward to my next trip even more than usually. The plan (already ticketed) is as follows:
HEL-ORD-BOS, YUL-ORD-DFW, DFW-AUS-DFW, DFW-SEA-YEG, and SJC-ORD-HEL. All within a 2-week period.

The rest of the trip will be on non-AA tickets, in case anyone's wondering.

The AA tickets are in L, V, and Y, and I've done the math, so I should be happily over the 10 000 EQP mark, and in PLT before the wheels touch down in YEG.

Now the question. How long does it typically take after the flight for the points to show in the system? I'd like to make sure that I can enjoy the PLT benefits immediately on the final leg of my trip SJC-ORD-HEL (preferred seating etc). So do I need to wait before calling the service desk to ask them to update the status on the rest of my itinerary?

When I signed up for the challenge, I asked the AA rep to match my current OW (AY) ruby status and give me immediate GLD, but she kindly refused and commented that they can only match corporate clients.

In your experience, would it be worth the trouble to be persistent about getting the initial GLD status match, or should I just wait for the inevitable PLT...