FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: BA T5 <-> AA T3 transfer /connection at LHR / Heathrow
Old Apr 30, 2011, 10:16 am
JNB280

Originally Posted by Deltican
Would someone mind helping a domestic flying fanatic out? This may need to be moved to the BA forum, not sure.

Flying at the end of June from DFW-LHR on AA.. have a long layover at LHR and then catch a BA flight from LHR to IST to meet up with family and every time I have ever been international it was a non-stop from ATL so this is all very new to me. The questions I have are..

When I get to LHR, do I have to claim baggage / customs / etc. and then recheck on BA for the leg to IST?

As an EXP.. I thought I could get my seat assignments on BA? However iten still shows unassigned.

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Thanks
There should be no problem checking your baggage through, so no need to re-collect at LHR. To get your seat assignments, you will need to go to BA.com and enter your AA record locator and last name at the Manage my Booking(MMB) page, link here. In the past I have had problems using the AA locator, but calling BA and asking for your booking reference will accomplish the same thing.