FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Downgrading compensation - it's official!
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:42 am
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by UNITED863
While this will sound unpopular to some on this board, I have to agree with the "need" to modify the compensation system. I have benefited with $200 for a broken reading light or shoddy audio, yes, but it really is overpayment for a very minor issue.

However, I agree with the previous poster's example of $200 not cutting it for a broken C-seat on a lengthy intercontinental flight. The seat, in that case, is well more than half of the benefit of sitting in Business & $200 wouldn't cut it.

Instead of blindly throwing e-certs at us, it just makes (business) sense if they take the full scenario into consideration and respond appropriately (with or without comp).

I'm grateful for what I've received in the past, but realistic enough to understand the old policy was a bit faulty & is changing.
+1. Agree fully. UA has been played the mark/fool by too many here for too long and as long as it is flying the oldest fleet in NAmerica cannot afford this generosity, particularly since the vast majority of those making these claims have bought the cheapest upgradeable fares!