FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official Peanut Gallery Thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2011, 5:32 pm
rrz518

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Thank you.

That was exactly the tone I wanted to set, because i wanted to jar the FA into being quiet. So, joke, comment, remark, whatever, I got the point across. If he really wants to be a comedian, be ready for a heckler from the audience.

As for being tasteless, I remember a party in college in late 1979 called "Death Night". The beverages included "DC-10 Daiquiris" and "Bloody Garys" (for Gary Gilmore).

Now THAT was tasteless. Tasty, but tasteless

It is pretty clear that others are interested in the thread, based on the # of views.

People either think "great" or "awful and tasteless". So what would you have done .... stuck in your seatbelt, FA a good distance away, early morning flight and you know it will go on .. and on .. and on ... remember too, no headphones allowed.

I won't stand for it. Not from me, not from another passenger, not even from an FA.

Johnny Carson had his famous "rule of 3" -- If only the WN FA's would follow it, everyone would be a lot happier, not just me.
If it hasn't been successfully communicated already....here goes....it's not your place to "jar the FA into being quiet". You are NOT speaking for "everyone" as you seem to think.

What part of of the "public transportation" concept don't you get? Lemme 'splain: That was not your private jet, nor were those your servants. You are one of about 150 passengers on that aircraft. It's not your place to mouth off to a flight attendant, either for self interest or common interest. You want to be a hero? So do something like those real heros on Flight 93, or better yet, do something charitable. Spay or neuter your pet, you name it.

But please....do us all a favor.....keep yer big mouth shut in situations like this. If I happen to be within earshot of your next "performance" you will be (unkindly and harshly) reprimanded.