FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana Seat Selection
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:33 pm
Mabuk dan gila

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by ande777emt
I've never had the US site work for seat selection. You would have to call OZ for seating changes. Every time I've modified a seating arrangement on OZ I have had to call them.
I just checked my seat assignments and made a change 5 minutes ago on http://us.flyasiana.com . On a "005" Continental award ticket, where the outbound flights are TG. Took me 2 minutes. I was able to view changes that had occurred since last I looked and saw a better seat than there was earlier so I moved. I'll probably check 3 or 4 more times before I actually take the flight. Calling I wouldn't have that level of information and wouldn't be doing it half a dozen times making changes on a whim like I can on the web site.

The system has consistently worked fine since about the last two major changes, probably close to a year ago. Ever since they added the e-ticket number option. Before that, you can search here and find me ranting and cursing it more than anyone but it does work now.

As has been posted before the main reason it fails to work are middle name or middle initial. For instance if my name were MABUK DAN GILA (not my real name ) I might have a reservation as GILA\MABUK or it might be GILA\MABUKD or it might be GILA\MABUKDAN. Since the seat assignment web page has no place to put middle name, if a middle initial or middle name exists in the reservation it must be appended to the first name or else it will not find the reservation. So for instance my current reservation has my middle initial. In the web form I enter my continental e-Ticket number (back spacing out the prefilled "988" first which is for an Asiana ticket) Last Name: GILA, First Name: MABUKD and voila it works.

The other major issue is that it is well established it will fail to save seats with the "running clock issue" if you use any browser other than Microsoft Internet Explorer under Microsoft windows. No Firefox, no Chrome, no Safari, no Mac's no Linux. Them R da rules. About a year ago during the second to last major change it briefly worked inconsistently under Firefox and Chrome in Linux but since the last change I have never got it to work other than IE but it HAS consistently worked with that.