FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official Peanut Gallery Thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:58 pm
SDCA

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Orwaid
My "joke" was not a joke, it was a comment designed along the lines of "can't you just keep quiet so people can try to get some sleep?", You're right, I suppose I could have just said that.

And, he certainly DID shut up after my remark, so I view it as entirely successful and entirely appropriate.

What IS inappropriate is a nonstop babbling FA, with no regard to the passenger's sanity and comfort, inflicting himself on them.

Why couldn't he maybe tell one joke, maybe two ... see that no one was into what he was saying, into his shtick, and then give it a rest?

And as for the tired refrain of "Well, go fly another carrier", sometime you don't have a choice. But to your point - WN is not the cheapest. I carry on so free bags don't mean anything. Free standby on other carriers vs paying up to catch an earlier flight on WN also goes against WN. FF redemption in C around the world vs middle seat Y in the US. So yes, I don't fly WN unless there's no other viable option.

If they truly want to lure BS passengers from other carriers, then they need to provide the services and environment that those customers (who are, for the most part, pretty savvy) desire, while maintaining the appearance of the old WN for those that like the party bus atmosphere. Just like they are not the old low fare carrier anymore, but they try to maintain the appearance that they are.
"Joke", "comment"

Call it what you want. It's still tasteless on YOUR part.

Joking or commenting on an accident that could have result in multiple fatalities is tasteless.

Why not tell that same "joke" or "comment" to the passengers or loved ones on that "sunroof" flight according to you?

Bravo to you for shutting the flight attendant up with your distasteful joke, comment.

And if you ever have a car accident, make sure you post it here so i can post a tasteless "comment" to you.