FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat saving brouhaha
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2011, 4:07 pm
boeing727

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Southwest A-list Preferred, Delta Million Miler
Originally Posted by srk123
Last week, I got on a plane and the guy in the exit row (11) was sitting in the window seat, saving the entire 3-seat row. I went to sit in the aisle seat, he challenged me on this saying his wife and aunt were sitting in the two saved seats. I asked him if they were on the plane, and he said they were coming. Since I was on first, I took the aisle seat, and got into an argument with him, but I refused to move. I told him if he wants to save 2 seats, go to a regular row in the back of the plane and he wouldn't have anyone challenge him. He called me a jerk, and I responded accordingly. He finally got up and left, used a word I can't use here, and moved 2 rows back and saved that row, and two other people took the two available exit row seats. I looked back during the flight, and he was sitting in that window seat with his wife (apparently) in the aisle and no one in the middle seat, which he also saved to prevent someone from occupying the middle seat. No "aunt" in sight. No FA ever got involved in our situation, but I would have also held firm with her (or him) if I would have gotten a "no real policy" reply.
It's a shame we have to do this, but if we don't then we fly 50+ segments to earn A+ for nothing, or pay $10 for EB for nothing and so on. If the seat is viewed as premium to me (meaning I want it), if no one is there I get it. Nuff' said!