FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frequent Traveler University-NYC April 30th, 2011 (EVENT IS NOW FULL)
Old Apr 26, 2011, 8:45 am
aktchi

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by redreeper
I think SkiAdcocks comments should be taken with a dose of humor- as I'm sure it was intended. And I am looking forward to both attending the event and supporting the charities. Sounds like there will be some great prizes. ^
I am a great admirer of SkiAdcock - if anyone is going to interrupt my conversations, please let it be her!

My comments are meant to discuss the general phenomenon. That you and I might appreciate such causes and workers, and what we might do with our own time and resources, are not the issue. Autism, hunger, battered wives, earthquake and tsunami relief in Japan, there is no end to genuinely good causes, each deserving of all the "slack" we can cut. Question is, which venue and which approach would be appropriate?

This is a short event and as it is, people would be struggling to find a few minutes to locate someone, catch up, ask a question, etc. My suggestion and preference is to be visible (set up a table, or even walk around with a sign), but refrain from active solicitation, which tends to and has interrupted conversations. I am afraid however that "refraining from active solicitation" is not suited to SkiAdcock's personality, and we just might have to gag and display her at a table with a collection box.

On a related note, I am also happy to invite hundreds of good charities and their extremely dedicated workers to come and mingle with us during the talks. In fact, if you tell me your work address and meeting schedule, I can send them to your business meetings as well. I can guarantee that every story will bring tears to the eyes of all meeting participants. Want to take me up on that?

Last edited by aktchi; Apr 26, 2011 at 8:52 am