FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How much is a European SIM card, exactly?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 2:11 pm
Danthecran

Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
I am back from my trip to SE Asia. I carried 2 phones with me, my ATT iPhone and a Razr with an eKit sim. Before I left the US, I forwarded my iPhone to the Razr using the US number supplied by the eKit sim. When I arrived at my destination, I turned on my iPhone and just used it for text messages (SMS) and data in wifi zones. I also used the GPS with a pre-loaded Ho Chi Minh City map app. My inbound texts were free and my outbound texts were 50cents each. Whenever someone would dial my iPhone number it would immediately ring my Razr and not the iPhone. I dialed all outbound calls using the Razr. I wasn't dinged for any international roaming on my iPhone and the prices for inbound calls on the Razr were very competitive. In Vietnam it was only 19cents per minute.

By the way, FaceTime on the iPhone worked flawlessly. I was able to "FaceTime" my nieces while sailing up the Saigon River using the ships wifi. Even with a relatively slow wifi connection they were able to see the jungles of Vietnam "live" while they were getting ready for bed back in North Carolina!
I just wanted to say I have done this numerous times on the iPhone as well with no problems. Once call forwarding is on no extra charges show up from AT&T and texting is only 50 cents for each outgoing one. One of the few good policies att has if you ask me!