FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - We are trapped. Plane in tornado (STL Apr 22, 2011; field now reopened)
Old Apr 23, 2011, 9:08 am
sweeper20

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club
Originally Posted by phlashba
I disagree; Very resourceful if you ask me.
In what way? You have pilots on the plane - they are in contact with the tower or their own operations. If they aren't I'd guess they have cell phones and could call 911 - lets go to the extreme and neither pilot has a cell phone - I'm sure someone on the plane would offer up theirs! Pilots also have the ability to access via their own "email" to their operations, so even without voice, they would be in contact. What are Flyertalk members going to do? Grab a stair truck and head on over? Flood an already taxed 911 system with reports of people stuck on a plane at STL? You have 100+ people on this plane - its not like he was out in a field under some debris - Fire, Rescue and EMS will clear all the planes to check for passengers as is SOP for any possible Mass Casualty. This guy was already on the phone with a local radio station, so he cleary has access. Its interesting to see the post for sure, but this isn't the place to post a true emergency while its happening.

Last edited by sweeper20; Apr 23, 2011 at 9:19 am