FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - We are trapped. Plane in tornado (STL Apr 22, 2011; field now reopened)
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:09 am
zipadee

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
Thanks You explained it very well.

I was due to fly through STL tonight, but my final flight was cancelled and so I was completely rebooked through DFW instead. Was curious and no media that I saw (and I checked many) mentioned a time. Was trying to work out if I would have been there when it hit.
I know. It's real easy to be sarcastic and say check google ....when the initial media reports didn't have a time. I came home from dinner and was curious as to how quickly I saw the news reports and how old/recent the news was (the closer to a news event the more inaccurate and fluid a situation can be). It took quite a while for me to find a time and find out, yes, I saw the news within minutes of it happening. When you've got a report of a tornado hitting a major airport and adrenaline kicks in, sometimes reporters are doing good to remember to type "Friday night" much less what time Friday night. They eventually get that added to stories, just takes a while.