FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How SHOULD it be done?
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:53 pm
Popperian

1) Focus on finding the terrorist not the bomb.

2) Common sense for inspections. A 6 year old goal wearing skin tight clothing, it is stupid to search this person unless you are going to do body cavity searches and if you aren't going to do that, there is no point.

3) Implement multivariate risk-based scoring models for increased screening.,
i.e., a child of, say, a parent that U.S. soldiers shot in Iraq would obviously be someone you would want to give extra scrutiny to. A well-employed male business executive with a family and 100 prior flights without issue is a very low risk, as is a 6 year old girl.

4) Consider the "terrorist creation impact" in all policy decisions. I.e., cut our conventional military by 75%, stop bombing cities full of innocent people, overthrowing countries and imposing dictators/etc. Stop doing things like sexually assaulting children going through airport security ... (this crap is just going to create real-deal domestic terrorists).

5) Possibly replace the TSA's idiocy with terrorism risk insurance. It is a difficult problem, but it has almost always been the passengers that stopped aircraft events (the TSA is like 0-17). The TSA is honestly completely ineffective, it would be better to just reserve this money for paying off of descendents/etc. A $10M check in the VERY unlikely situation that you lost a loved one is preferable to being irradiated and molested every time we fly.

You can't claim you live in a free country unless you actually do.

Free = has risks.

Everything in life has risks .... happens.

I definitely prefer being free than wasting all of this money on radiation and sexual assault (which has no substantial effect on security until they do body cavity searches).