FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating Queries: Club World
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2011, 5:57 pm
Athlete95

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Hi Lady1964

Maybe you should look at it another way!

At the point of booking your flights and your about to pay if the cost was £6360 instead of £6000 would you of still booked the flights?

I think the answer would be YES! If i was in your situation it would not bother me spending a further £360 to choose my seats and know my daughter is by my side or close by than not pay and be concerned about her and not relax and enjoy the experience of CW! Catch my drift?

But i do no what you mean about having to pay to choose your seat after spending so much money in the first place but unfortunately thats a privilege to our SILVER AND GOLD superiors! to be able to choose there seat for free!

I will be in your shoes next year as i will take my girlfriend and myself to Sydney Australia and that will cost about 8k and then i will choose my own seats at a further £360 like your goodself may pay for

The joys of been a BLUE member

Paddy has sort of summed it up for you lady1964

These days, LGW flights seem to be going out chock a block in all cabins in the school holidays filled with a lot of status pax! My flight back from PUJ in late July has half of the seats in CW already occupied (including us 5) and we think seat selection is a lovely benefit. It is really nice to be able to know where you will be sitting other than worrying about being split up at OLCI! It is very unlikely that you will be moved in CW on a 3-class 777 either, but the one thing that may happen is that the aircraft will change from a 40J 777 to a 48J 777 which means that 4AB, 3DEFG and 4JK will not be the last row in the front cabin.

Also may I suggest that you should go for window/aisle pairs if you pay for seat selection- me and my older brother + sister had 10ABD on the way to UVF which were perfect, they allowed us to easily talk and we preferred them to the DEF seats which we had back from HKG because they gave us more personal space