FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)
Old Apr 19, 2011, 2:28 pm
uoficowboy

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
With respect to the check card bonus, I think it requires 10-12 transactions every month for 3 months. I can't find the details on the site at the moment, but I know I've seen it posted somewhere on FT in the recent past since it is a relatively new development. I don't believe you have to opt in for this activity the day you sign up. In fact, I'm under the impression that long-standing customers are eligible for this bonus if they meet the requirements.

As to the new money market account sign-up bonus, you'll have to decide whether the additional miles are worth it to you. The key is knowing what the minimum deposit requirements are to avoid monthly fees and the typical amount of time it takes for the bonus to post. That way you can decide whether the lower AA mileage earning rate is offset by the one-time bonus.
Sounds like the check card is probably not worth it for me just yet. Maybe when I have more time.

And I just realized that to qualify for the money market you have to have over $10K otherwise you pay a $10 monthly fee. So this is quickly becoming not worth it.

Checking it is!