FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Guaranteed Access vs. "Blackout Dates": Royal York
Old Apr 19, 2011, 2:06 pm
Jasper2009
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by politico_pk
I've just experienced my third unsuccessful attempt this year to use the "guaranteed access" benefit of Platinum status at the Fairmont Royal York. Over the same period, I have successfully used the benefit once.

My travel agent shows the hotel as sold out, so I call the Platinum Concierge line, and have been given the response that there are various blackout dates for this benefit throughout the year, determined well in advance, so I'm out of luck.

I have seen the blackout dates for "free night" certificates, but I seem to have missed the blackout dates for "guaranteed access". Have others seen these or had a similar experience?
Very odd. I always thought the black-out dates for guaranteed room access were the same as the black-out dates for free nights/upgrade certs.

The following clause on the FPC website seems to support my interpretation: "*The guaranteed room access benefit at city center hotels, does not apply at the following hotels on the specified dates. "

The dates are usually published at the beginning of each membership year.

Just to confirm: Your dates were not listed on the limited access page, but you were still refused the guaranteed room access?