FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The dumbest travel-related mistake you ever made?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:50 am
accountinggal

Originally Posted by Orion
The biggest mistake I hope to never make again is to travel without screen prints of my hotel confirmations including the street address of the property.
I once arrived in a city and told the cab driver to take me to the Crown Plaza. He drove me downtown and asked me for the street address. I finally paid the cab (2 a.m.) and called Holiday Inn reservations who knew nothing and denied even having a Crown Plaza in that city.
The hotel had been reflagged since I had reserved it.
I found a Holiday Inn and stayed there for the night. This has happened to me four times (no confirmation page and no street address). In once case the hotel had left a chain and was now independent. I was up a creek.
That happened to us in Dubai, though we were lucky they changed names while we were there. We checked into the Renaissance and out of the Crowne Plaza. It's actually pretty impressive how quickly they can change names. The hotel bill and the points, however, were a nightmare.