FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Really, does Amtrak always suck so badly?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:02 pm
took

Programs: HHonors, Delta
Originally Posted by gatelouse
Overall I find Amtrak crews more genuine than flight crews, who seem more scripted and stilted. This can cut both ways.

Truly terrible flight attendants: maybe 1 per 100 flights. Truly terrible Amtrak attendants: maybe 1 per 25 rides. Having said that, I've encountered some of the most professional and genuinely friendly people in the travel industry aboard Amtrak trains.

Amtrak is really a world of extremes. Report the bad ones, commend the good ones, and perhaps the internal personnel process will eventually arrive at the right answer. (Or attempt the viral route; YouTube video/audio of particularly unprofessional behavior tends to gets noticed by the top brass!)
Agree. Generally, here in IL, we get the good ones. I mean it. The conductors and attendants on the Lincoln Service are just great. But, some of the other Amtrak employees...whew. I will say that our experiences on the sleepers is 100% positive.

I still vastly prefer Amtrak employees, even with their "rudeness," to travelling via plane nowadays. Yuck.