FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lufthansa Upgrade With UA SWU Questions/Experiences" Thread [2010/11]
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:44 am
Azurik

Programs: AMEX Centurion/Platinum, SPG Platinum, ICH Platinum, UA 1K, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by weezl
I plan to be at LAX about 6 hours before an LH flight with paper SWU in hand, then run some errands and return to LAX closer to departure. UA MP told me 1st to call LH and tell them to put me on some sort of waiting list then expect to present the paper cert at the airport where an upgrade may be available. Called LH and they said they have no idea what UA meant about this purported list (from what I read on FT, I was wondering the same when I spoke to UA ). LH agent said that I should get to LAX 4 hours ahead of departure to request the upgrade and have the best chance to get upgraded.

I am trying to get to F from C, so my question is if I get there 6 hours pre-flight, should I go to the F lounge and present my SWU? Will they accept it that early?

Thank you!
You can go in there on the day of travel and request the upgrade at check-in. That's what I did in BOS and just return later with your luggage.