FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Times Square [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2003, 10:14 pm
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
I also stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago. As Platinum, I was upgraded to a very nice junior suite that was pre-assigned and keyed prior to my arrival at about 6 PM. I was advised about all the executive floor amenities and offered full access & then offered late check out if I needed it. Platinum amenity card was presented with a pen to mark my choice. Check-in was just what we all hope for.

I rather like this new Westin design. While I'm also a W fan, I find the new Westin motif ("modern luxury") to be modern with a little more emphasis on function & comfort – modern luxury, as it were. Nice.

My only problem with the stay was actually somewhat humorous. The junior suite is divided in the middle with a two-sided armoire that has a TV on each side -- one for the mini-living room and one for the bedroom. Whenever I tried to turn off the TV while lying in bed, the one on the other side of the room turned on. I'd get up and go over to the other side to turn it off and the other would come back on...and so on...and so on... Finally had to resort to dumping the remote and turning them off manually (gasp!)

Service was good throughout, including in the restaurant & bar. I, too, was asked to show a key upon entry but it was handled professionally so it just gave me an added sense of security.

I had a great stay here and wouldn't hesitate to go back. It's not the greatest of locations, but pretty central (especially for the Theater District) & all-in-all a very nice hotel with a great experience for me.