FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3 weeks in Europe: critique my packing list
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:30 pm
MissJoeyDFW

Originally Posted by phedre
I wish I could do that, my hair eats cheap flat irons for lunch. I've bought several in the past and had to chuck them because they don't get hot enough to deal with my thick, coarse hair. Add in the fact that it's well past my waist and things do get tricky in the hair department!

I'll have to rethink that particular piece of equipment. I'll double check the manual when I get home, but I doubt it's dual voltage.
My friend traveled with her Sedu flat iron and convertor to the UK. Something happened and the flat iron overheated, basically burnt her bangs off and in the process ruined her expensive flat iron. She had little girl bangs for weeks and was quite upset over the loss of her expensive Sedu and hair! After that experience I only buy local electrical stuff if it is touching my head.

Also I don't get the people trying to guide you away from dresses, I travel in dresses mostly as well, personally, professionally, domestically and internationally. Dress, tights, walking shoes, clogs or boots, costume jewelry, jacket or sweater or wrap and a scarf/pashmina is pretty much my standard outfit these days. I find wearing dresses extremely comfortable for all kinds of travel and social situations. Now that being said if I am hiking or doing a physical activity I do dress quite differently.

Last edited by MissJoeyDFW; Apr 13, 2011 at 9:39 pm